Cross Reality is growing rapidly and we are now looking for a CTO to guide us in our game and platform development efforts.
Cross Reality provides unique multiplayer VR gaming turn-key solutions for arcades and entertainment venues. Our proprietary CRES™, hardware (VR headsets & servers) and software (games & customer management) platform turns any 100m² space into a virtual gaming arena with up to ten simultaneous players. CRES consists of three main parts:
- Virtual Reality headsets
- Local server for each venue
- Wireless communication technology
- Headset charging stations
- Up to ten-player local multiplayer
- Co-op, team vs team, or player vs player
- Games targeted for multiple age brackets
The CRM platform:
- The platform runs in the cloud and connects to the server in each venue
- Controls the headsets
- Controls the game software
- Manages venues, billing and support
As the CTO, you will work directly with the founder/CEO and act as both a technology and business advisor, making decisions that largely impact the current and future operations of the company. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure that our company’s technologies and games are built and used efficiently.
You will have the following main responsibilities:
Setting a vision for how technology is used at the company;
Ensuring that the software architecture for CRES meets current and long-term needs;
Creating plans for the development and deployment of all hardware and software;
Planning needs and hiring resources to fulfill the company’s development plans;
Outline, and manage, the efforts for future research and development;
Staying on top of technology trends and developments;
Acting as a mentor to team members.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- 10+ years in software development with proven experience as a team lead, technical director, CTO or other leadership role;
- Games industry experience, ideally within VR;
- A problem-solving mindset and can-do attitude;
- Experience using some of the following technologies: C#, Unreal, Amazon AWS, NodeJS, MySQL, PHP, Express, Electron, SQLite Android app – Cordova, Java & OpenGL.
We have competitive remuneration and benefits for the right candidate, including ownership-based incentive programs. If you’re interested to hear more, don’t hesitate to contact our founder/CEO directly: